Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

30 seconds to mars

Go down 
+7
capricorn
Phoenix
tetepion
AshJ
expatriatelover
Soulmate
Norah
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
AreYouAwake
A drop of red in the deep blue sea.
AreYouAwake

30 seconds to mars - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds to mars   30 seconds to mars - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Dec 2010 - 11:52

Just back from seeing 30 Seconds to Mars 4 times in a week during their UK tour.

I had such a good time and the UK snow didn't manage to muck up our plans or schedule too much.

Very glad that Jared got over the food poisoning he had in Newcastle and which affected the Brighton show a bit and was able to finish the tour.

The London o2 and Brighton shows were very similar. The setlist was pretty much identical and we had exactly the same spots on the barrier. We were lucky with Brighton though because we only started queueing at 2.30 pm but we had received a tip about another entrance that not many people knew about so waited there instead. We also met Jared and Shannon after the show but Tomo just escaped to the bus although my friend did manage to get a grim "Hi" out of him. London was indoor queueing which was great because that was the day of the huge snowstorm in London that mucked up all the public transport. And one of my friends made it on stage for Kings and Queens and nabbed Jared's setlist at the end which obviously made her very happy.

Jared after the Brighton show, not looking well, poor baby.

30 seconds to mars - Page 3 Img27640

Shannon after the Brighton show, signing away.

30 seconds to mars - Page 3 Img2763x

From a set list point of view, Birmingham was the best because Jared played Capricorn and Echelon from the first album in the acoustic set. Capricorn is my favourite song on the first album so it was amazing to actually hear it live, especially as he hadn't really been varying the set much at all. However, the queueing "system" in Birmingham was a complete joke - and the weather was the worst by far. Also, we decided to go to the sound desk as that is where the acoustic set had been performed from in Brighton and London, but unfortunately Jared stayed on the main stage for it.

For me, the best show and all round experience was Manchester. The queue was very organised, very friendly and the 10 hours of waiting before doors went very quickly. One of the highlights was the band sending about 60 cups of hot chocolate down to the front of the queue to help us keep warm. That was about 5pm and we'd been there since 8.45 am (and some people had been there longer) so it was very welcome and a lovely gesture. Once in, we managed to secure a great spot on the barrier right in front of Tomo. The crowd was very very boisterous and people got pulled out all the time but we were actually more crushed during Enter Shikari than during 30STM. We finally met and got a picture with Tomo after the show. We'd only ever met the Leto brothers before, somehow Tomo had always eluded us so that was a nice way to finish the tour.

Here's my picture with Tomo, taken at 3 am in the morning.

30 seconds to mars - Page 3 Img29700

Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds to mars   30 seconds to mars - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Jan 2011 - 18:18

ooooh lucky you a picture with Tomo =D !!
love him, well love them =P
i think they're part of those bands that really take their meaning while playing live... So much better than listening to their CD (even if i still like their CDs a lot uh ;))
Back to top Go down
http://whispered-word.blogspot.com
Lonelynx
Blackbird.
Lonelynx

PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds to mars   30 seconds to mars - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011 - 22:16

Just bought a ticket to their concert on the 21st of June in Tallin, Estonia!! cool
Haven't visited this neighbor country for like 7 years, nice reason to go there back again.
Also, as I think, there will be millions of girls on this gig because of Jared, so it will be a nice place to be.
roll eyes
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds to mars   30 seconds to mars - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011 - 23:36

oh you're so lucky !!!!! i'm just so mad righ now cause they're coming back to France on the 15th of June (at the Olympia in Paris) and i am leaving to Australia on the 10th... just 5 days... such bad luck :(
haha yes too much girls for me in 30stm's gigs x)
Back to top Go down
http://whispered-word.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 30 seconds to mars   30 seconds to mars - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

30 seconds to mars
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Expatriate Forum. :: I WENT TO SCHOOL BUT I DON'T KNOW SHIT :: Other Music.-
Jump to: