Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why do we fall in love with stars ?

Go down 
+2
songbird
expatriatelover
6 posters
AuthorMessage
expatriatelover
A drop of red in the deep blue sea.
expatriatelover

Why do we fall in love with stars ? Empty
PostSubject: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010 - 12:37

I often wonder why we do fall in love with stars... Does anyone has an idea on the question ? think
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010 - 14:09

I think it's because they live a life so different from ours. We have our everyday life, live mainly with the same people and for most of us it's not possible to "break out". And all things that have to do with the life of a rockstar seem to be exciting, different, great and so on. Basically it's the illusion we fall in love with don't you think?
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010 - 20:00

yeah, that's a good explanation songbird and that's also my feeling. But personaly, I do always feel a bit guilty to have such feelings towards artists because I don't know them. How is that possible to fall in love of someone you don't know ? Isn't that weird, specially when you already live with someone ? think I'm a bit lost... blush
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010 - 11:16

Please, don't feel lost! hug
Maybe it's better to say that we have a crush on someone famous than actually to be in love...
Those rockstars are looking great because they have many people that care about their appearance, they have a certain image and work hard to keep it alive, but we're just seeing the outcome which is mainly looking easy and good-to-have. They are able to make us feel happy and comfortable while listening to their music or watching them on a concert. We're feeling understood in their songs and we love the idea of "look at me, if I can do this, you're also able to".
And I think there's not just one specific kind of love - you're in love with your parents, your pet, your job, so why not feel another kind of love towards an artist?
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010 - 13:26

Thank you Songbird, I do feel better now... happy
Back to top Go down
damian-ben-the-best
Blackbird.
damian-ben-the-best

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyThu 25 Feb 2010 - 19:47

i think it is because we don t know them in private life so we imagine how they could be and it is a fantasme, and we need that in our life
we need to leave the reality and the stars cannot disapoint us

anyway it is the way i see the life and our love for them
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 18:30

Absolutely true damian-ben-the-best! We need to escape from our ordinary lifes and we cristallize our dreams and desires on stars... They represent all what we are not, play the role of friends we'd like to have or meet, are perfect lovers (in our imagination of course!). They manage to live from their passion and to blossom thanks to that... which I think is one of the biggest wish of ordinary people...

Does that mean we're unable to be happy of what we've got ? Do really happy people share such feelings? That would be interesting to know...
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 10:19

expatriatelover, I don't think that we're generally unable to be happy of what we've got. It's quite philosophical, but all the great achievements of mankind would not have been able if everyone was happy with the status quo and nobody would do any effort to achieve something more. So it's in our nature to analyze our life at any time. But yes, at some point you should also be satisfied and thankful for what you've got and don't question everything as long as you feel good in this situation.
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 18:16

Meghan I like when things try to be a little higher! grin And I think that's interesting trying to think about more intellectual or philosophical subjects! We don't have much opportunity to do that in everyday life (well, that's not my case!) so why not trying this here! laughing When I was in final year of secondary school, I wasn't good in Philosophy because I think I hadn't the maturity for this. Now I'm almost 30, I feel more concerned and more able for this. And also because I have time to think about it (I finished my studies some years ago so I can let my spirit talking nonsense! lmao).
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 18:20

Songbird You wrote "all the great achievements of mankind would not have been able if everyone was happy with the status quo and nobody would do any effort to achieve something more." and I totally agree with that! smile
Back to top Go down
Meghan
Meghan

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 18:30

Sorry expatriatelover not to make a novel and developp xD
I haven't a lot of time as I'm learning for the exams... shy So I just try to follow...
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 18:57

no problem Meghan! smile We've got aaaaalll the necessary time !! innocent
Back to top Go down
Meghan
Meghan

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 20:10

I'll try to give you my explanation of the subject with "my" english and when I'll have more time. I promise laughing
Back to top Go down
Neon
Blackbird.

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyTue 2 Mar 2010 - 21:26

i don't think being happy with your life and what you've got keeps you from making achievements and investing in your life etc. i mean i think i'm one of the happiest persons alive ever and i wouldn't want to change my life for anything or anyone EVER! not because i have a perfect life and have everything i could ever ask for but cause it makes me who i am! i wouldn't even WANT to have everything i want cause what would be the point in life? apart from the fact that the more you have the more you want to have and you will never really be able to be 100% happy with your life. you should appreciate what you have and not long for the things you can't (or don't) have.
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyWed 3 Mar 2010 - 13:35

Neon "i don't think being happy with your life and what you've got keeps you from making achievements and investing in your life" I agree with that too 'cause I believe in virtuous circle, that is to say the more you're happy and feel well in your head, the more you're able to be creative and improve your life. It's like a spiral pushing you upwards.
And you're absolutely true when you say you wouldn't change anything of your life 'cause it makes who you are... I totally agree ! As far as I'm concerned, I'm not dreaming about being very rich, having big houses, big boats or big cars! I don't care about that! This is not life for me but i think the main problem we've got in western countries (supposed to be the most developped ones...) is that we are totally dependent on money... We are in a system where it is impossible to escape from, unless you decide to retire from it and then you're marginalized. If you have no money or few, it is very difficult to live with dignity.
Even when you don't want to follow the movement, you are quickly laid aside... I have a very simple example: I bought my first cellular phone 3 months ago 'cause I had no use of it before BUT you have no idea of how people were looking at me! shock I was a curious beast! wondering They could not understand why I had no cellphone! See what I mean ? If you are not IN, then the society take care to remind you what you have to do if you don't want to be thrown out! annoyed That's not fair but that the way it is!
Back to top Go down
Meghan
Meghan

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyWed 3 Mar 2010 - 16:40

Expatriatelover " See what I mean ? If you are not IN, then the society take care to remind you what you have to do if you don't want to be thrown out! That's not fair but that the way it is!"
I see what you meant and I totally agree with you...
In that way, we can think that the world (especially western countries) is not open minded at all...
When I was younger, I read a book about what you said : when you are IN or OUT and regrettably it exists.

Neon "you will never really be able to be 100% happy with your life. you should appreciate what you have and not long for the things you can't (or don't) have."
I agree with you too. However we can dream a little grin
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyWed 3 Mar 2010 - 16:57

@neon: i agree with u aswell. but... how can you grow, or make any progresses in life if you dont long for things you dont have? of course u have to appreciate what u've got.. but if i say "i dont need more" .. then there is no way to get more,.... there is a kind of indiffernce, isnt there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alisoncof
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? EmptyWed 3 Mar 2010 - 17:13

i created a new thread. the LIFE thread, for those of you who want to continue this conversation. as it's getting off topic from its actual subject.

Life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alisoncof
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do we fall in love with stars ?   Why do we fall in love with stars ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do we fall in love with stars ?
Page 1 of 1