Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Love of the Moment

Go down 
+4
Meghan
molkoqueen
songbird
Neon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Neon
Blackbird.

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptySun 7 Mar 2010 - 11:27

Taste changes... what's in your stereo at the moment? why do you love them so much? donna see them live? saw them live recently? here's the place to tell us everything bout your "loved ones"!

so i'll start:

THE CRÜXSHADOWS:
http://www.cruxshadows.com/

saw them live just before xmas the last time (in K17 in Berlin). and it was amazing! probably one of the greatest live bands EVER. they make kinda, gothic-y dance music. really beautiful music and rogue (the singer) is probably the best songwriter ever. i love them not only for their music but cause of their lyrics cause they actually convey a message other than the typical moaning bout the bad things in life which sometimes really is annoying the shit out of me! they are also really nice people (and good friends of my mum :P ). they are originally from florida but spend quite a lot of time in europe (especially germany) whilst touring. they'll be in cologne on the 24th of july at the amphi festival 2010. defo gonna be there. and hope they're gonna add some more live dates. you should defo check them out!
since i was going on bout their amazing lyrics, here some of my favourite "quotes":
BE LOVE BE BELIEVE
it doesnt have to be this way | you define what you believe | take hold of your destiny | remember...whats inside
Stand up when no one else is willing |Act not in hatred or in spite |Be to this world as a perfect knight |Even if it means your life

their current single is quicksilver, here is the video for it:

Spoiler:

ENJOY!
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyMon 8 Mar 2010 - 13:29

Nice thread!
Besides Expat I have the new album of Timid Tiger on heavy rotation. Timid Tiger is a Cologne based band (molkoqueen, do you know them? grin ) consisting of five members. Their music is a cool mixture of Indie, Electro and maybe a little bit Hip Hop and it definitely makes me feel great.
I saw them live as support of Phillip Boa 5 or 6 years ago and then again on a little summer festival in Munich. In April they're finally on their own tour and I'm really looking forward to it!
You can listen to the new single "Electric Island" here
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyMon 8 Mar 2010 - 18:03

songbird, yes i do know that band, but didn't know they were from cologne =)

besides expatriate i listen to my big love DAVID BOWIE a lot at the moment. i don't think i need to explain anything about that man, i'm sure everyone of you heard of him ^^ he is my hero. his music, lyrics, personality, diversity, just everything about him is.. extraterrestrially awesome wink
i'm a fan since i'm 13. so thats, 11 years now O.o i'm old, i know. he really is THE man of my life XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alisoncof
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010 - 13:03

lisa mitchell how can someone be that cute?

https://www.youtube.com/user/AlisonMolko?feature=mhw4#p/a/f/0/hZ3Wn50Df0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RowAc-H3EM
Back to top Go down
Meghan
A drop of red in the deep blue sea.
Meghan

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010 - 17:37

Molkoqueen, is it you on the first vid ?
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010 - 19:11

meghan: i wish hahahaha

no, it's lisa aswell.
amazing isnt she?
Back to top Go down
Meghan
Meghan

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010 - 19:14

roll eyes I'm so stupid... laughing
Yes, very nice voice smile
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010 - 22:30

wooow yeah great choises everyone =)
thanks for letting me know new things
well except Mr Bowie of course ^^ i've been a fan since i was a kid too moloqueen =) i think there're no words to describe this great man, he is a god in the music world, no doubt !

for me at the moment .... hmmm... i think i'm really into a 30 seconds to mars period after those great gigs but except that i've discovered :
STREET DRUM CORPS
and i'm just totally in love with this band !
i saw them twice last week, supporting 30 seconds to mars, and they're AMAZING =D
here is a little video
Spoiler:

the thing is, i can't find the songs i've heard live on the internet or on their EP =( i'm so sad
but if you wanna see some gigs video you should listen to the songs "knock me out again", "marry me" they are great !
Back to top Go down
http://whispered-word.blogspot.com
Meghan
Meghan

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptySun 14 Mar 2010 - 10:39

I really like discoveries ^^
Thanks all flower

Listen to Lipstick traces. A french band who opened for Expatriate on december 16th
Enjoy ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC3ORsSEwds
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptySun 14 Mar 2010 - 12:59

@Meghan: yay! french rock n roll!! sounds nice.

Last edited by molkoqueen on Wed 7 Apr 2010 - 18:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tetepion
tetepion

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptySun 14 Mar 2010 - 16:48

Yes it's true the band part of Expatriate
I was looking for their names
And this is the song I most love and the other were also well
there are very strong
thank you great video! ^ ^
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyThu 29 Apr 2010 - 16:04

Just yesterday I've discovered my new "love of the moment": Jack Beauregard. They were support for Timid Tiger (wow, what a great night! but I do feel old today...), though their style is quite different.
Here are two songs:
Anyone around
1st of March
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyMon 10 May 2010 - 11:53

Not exactly new bands but I am going through a huge phase of listening to 30 Seconds to Mars and The Gaslight Anthem. So pleased I finally get to see TGA at Frequency festival in Austria this year after missing out on them at Rock im Park last year (the only clash of the weekend). I also freely admit that I am possibly looking forward to 30STM more than Muse at the festivals this year but maybe that's still novelty value.
Back to top Go down
Lonelynx
Blackbird.
Lonelynx

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyTue 11 May 2010 - 6:42

Listening to "Death Cab For Cutie" for the last few weeks. guitar
I really like Ben Gibbard's lyrics.I wish I could write like that.
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptyWed 12 May 2010 - 8:27

lonelynx, that's a little bit spooky, cause I also listen to Death Cab for Cutie a lot in the last few days. Favorite songs at the moment "Your New Twin Sized Bed" and "Movie Script Ending" - such great lyrics and I just love Ben Gibbard's voice.
Back to top Go down
Lonelynx
Blackbird.
Lonelynx

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptySat 29 May 2010 - 13:48

songbird, That's really cool!
My all-time favorite DCFC songs are "We Looked Like Giants", "Talking Bird", "Tiny Vessels", "Passenger Seat" and "Grapevine Fires". But they really have many beautiful and complex songs.
Back to top Go down
Lonelynx
Blackbird.
Lonelynx

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptySat 29 May 2010 - 13:49

Recently I returned to listening "Kings Of Leon".
They are one of my favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
Neon
Blackbird.

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptySat 29 May 2010 - 15:08

it's SO black rebel motorcycle club at the moment! absolutely love them! saw them live on the 17th and they were amazing! played for almost 2 hours and it was just magical... even though it was raining and outdoors :P
some of my favs at the moment are: red eyes and tears, spread your love, annabel lee, berlin, bad blood, ain't no easy way hearts
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment EmptySun 30 May 2010 - 12:55

Neon, good choice!! cool Saw them also live on the 5th in Munich and it was absolutely stunning! Can't get enough of their latest album, especially "Aya".
And this live version of "Red Eyes and Tears" brings back great memories of a great night...

Another love of the moment is an old band from Liverpool called Space. I had a crush on their music back in the 90s and just re-discovered some songs on YouTube. Makes me feel quite sentimental...
Space - "Neighbourhood"
Space - "You and me vs the world"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Love of the Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love of the Moment   Love of the Moment Empty

Back to top Go down

Love of the Moment
Page 1 of 1