Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hyper/Hearts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard
Dangerous Stranger.

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Hyper/Hearts   Hyper/Hearts EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012 - 9:19

Well out go my hopes that this would be a double album. Greedy Richard is greedy.

1. Miracle Mile
2. By Design
3. Dangerous Stranger
4. Love Away
5. Do You Remember
6. Easier
7. It's You
8. On The Inside
9. Skool
10. Kunstkopf
11. World To End With You

Back To Skool (iTunes bonus track)
Little Pictures (CD bonus track)

Kunstkopf is a method of binaural recording, so that should be interesting.

I'm just looking forward to hearing By Design and Easier again. It's been 4 years since I last heard those tracks!

Last edited by Richard on Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 0:00; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyper/Hearts   Hyper/Hearts EmptySat 16 Jun 2012 - 10:41

thank you a lot for the tracklist richard! laugh
makes the long waiting time for the new record crawl even slower but makes the excitment and curiosity to finally hold it and hear it even bigger! jump

where did you find it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alisoncof
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyper/Hearts   Hyper/Hearts EmptySat 23 Jun 2012 - 12:35

if you live in australia or new zealand, you can now pre order the new record! who did it? excited?

grab your copy here from iTunes

or on cd format from this site

volks leaving outside from australia, don't be too upset wink the band will announce some great news for you next week already!

Back to top Go down
Richard
Dangerous Stranger.

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyper/Hearts   Hyper/Hearts EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012 - 2:14

Turns out Back To Skool is an iTunes exclusive track. Apparently the CD version will contain a bonus track too, but I'm not sure what. There only seems to be 11 tracks on the UK release of the CD. I'll be heading into JB Hi-Fi during my break on Monday or Tuesday to grab a copy regardless.
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyper/Hearts   Hyper/Hearts EmptySat 7 Jul 2012 - 12:39

AU/NZ people, or any one else passionated enough to have pre ordered HYPER/HEARTS from outside AU/NZ already, grabbed your copy? gave it a spin? what do you think of expatriate's second record? share your thoughts with us!
Back to top Go down
Richard
Dangerous Stranger.

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyper/Hearts   Hyper/Hearts EmptySat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:28

I've purchased myself both an iTunes version and a physical version and I'm loving the crap out of it.

By Design - Whoa.... this track absolutely floored me from first listen. Definitely up there with Expatriate's best. They'd be smart to release this as the next single. in love

Dangerous Stranger - To be honest I didn't love this track straight off, granted it's still not my favourite track but it's really grown on me. Damian plays a guitar riff that really gets stuck in your head.

Love Away - I'm getting a real Delphic/New Order/80s dance music vibe off this one. I like this song a lot, but it must be said it sticks out like a sore thumb on the tracklisting. Stylistically it's like nothing else on the album. Good song, but doesn't make the album seem that cohesive.

Easier - This probably would've worked better as a closing track, but it's still good. It's one of Expatriate's longest songs to date and sees them at their most brooding and experimental.

It's You - This is kind of like the happy version of Easier. It's a real slow burner type of song. Coldplay is perhaps a terrible comparison to make but it fits in with that whole kind of building up to an uplifting climax thing. Anyway, I love this one. A real grower.

On The Inside - To be honest this is the only song off the album I can't get into. Don't wanna be too critical but it's certainly not one I find myself returning to. disappointed

Skool - This reminds me of Shooting Star in that it's a real rocker. Kicks off with a powerful guitar riff and just goes nuts from there. Also features one of my favourite Expatriate lines "I WENT TO SCHOOL BUT I DON'T KNOW SHIT!" happy

KunstKopf - Turns out this song has nothing to do with the actual KunstKopf. That said, it's definitely in my top 3 favourite songs off the album. The "hush, hush" section just does things to me. A classic Expatriate track. music

World To End With You - Judging from the previews I thought this would be my favourite Expatriate song, but they seem to have gone to over-dramatic high production route with this one. I still like it, but I can't shake the feeling it could've been better. Still features one of my favourite sections of any Expatriate song "You, you were there, to bail me out and set me straight".

Little Pictures - Well well well, someone's been listening to The Cure quite a bit recently! It's hard to believe this song is anything other than a tribute to the classic band, even down to Ben doing his Robert Smith impression! But if this were an actual Cure song it would be a damn good Cure song, so no complaints from me.

Back To Skool - And here is where things get a little crazy. Damian ditches his synth for a guitar and some good old fashioned rock'n'roll commences. Expatriate don't do guitar rock music that often, and I wouldn't want them to I guess, but when they do it they do it well. Kinda wish it made it onto the actual album, this one. guitar

Overall I would say that ITMOT is still the better album, but Hyper/Hearts is a damn worthy followup. Especially seeing as I've had to wait FIVE FUCKING YEARS for it. I honestly didn't know what to expect, whether or not they'd go in a radically different direction or start to suck or who knows what. In the end it turns out this is Expatriate sounding like Expatriate. If you're a fan of ITMOTE then you're going to enjoy H/H quite a lot, but if you weren't then this album will do nothing for you.

Oh yeah, this was written in the booklet

"Sincere thanks to all who buy our music and come to our shows. We won't make you wait as long for the next one of these things."

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the songs or the album. Will be happy to answer. happy
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyper/Hearts   Hyper/Hearts EmptySun 8 Jul 2012 - 20:39

Tahnk you so much Richard for that review :) it is very exciting to read that !!!

I'll have my copy soon and I hope to share my feelings with you as well !!
Back to top Go down
http://whispered-word.blogspot.com
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyper/Hearts   Hyper/Hearts EmptyMon 9 Jul 2012 - 12:22

very much agreeing with julie there! like i told you already, very nice review! great makes it even more exciting to finally have the album. mine's still on its way from australia to germany.
will share my thoughts about it aswell as soon as i can grin
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyper/Hearts   Hyper/Hearts EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012 - 20:06

after listening to the record about 10 times, since i recieved it 3 days ago, here comes my little opinion. i am not very good in doing reviews on albums, so i ll keep it very short, and it ll be mainly about what i think, not analysing their style or pick of instruments and such... and i can say, i agree with a lot what richard already said!

Miracle Mile - nothing really new. out for a while. catchy and very expatriate typical.

by design - before i got the record, i picked my fave song titel and it was this one. sounded promising and did not dissapoint! totally stuck to this song. cant stop listening to it. and this one as next second single would be perfect!

dangerous stranger - i did not like that one much at first 2 listens. but it grows on me. and the guitar riff is just insanly great!!!

love away - cant say much about it cause i skip it most of the time. doesent do much to me yet, ... reminds me.... of times like these a lot. also none of my fave tracks.

do you remember - nothing to say about that one! great single!

easier - from first listen - top fave beside by design. refrain gets me every time! explosive but chilling at the same time!

it's you - also a song i so far skipped a lot. will try to get close to it again in the future!

on the inside - why does this remind me of u2???? not bad. but no song i really need to listen to at the moment.

skool - very very much like this one! doing everything to keep control. and the keyboard (synths?) is super catchy.

kunstkopf - hushhush baby hush. very much in the midst of this like.

world to end with you - nothing to say to this one, sorry.

little pictures - same. soory. no opinion on this one yet.

very happy i have the album finally! such a long and at times hard waiting.

hope many of you go grab their copy and can tell us how they like it!

Back to top Go down
Meghan
A drop of red in the deep blue sea.
Meghan

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: A long time...   Hyper/Hearts EmptySun 26 May 2013 - 19:24

Here it's me, it's a long time I don't post anything here... Sorry, studies take me lots of time. However, I bought the album in love and I would know if someone knows where we can find the lyrics ?
I think it's a real change compare to the older album but I really like it.

[Sorry for my english, I didn't practice for 2 years shy ]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hyper/Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyper/Hearts   Hyper/Hearts Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyper/Hearts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Expatriate Forum. :: EXPATRIATE :: Band News.-
Jump to: