Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Concert Calendar

Go down 
+2
expatriatelover
AreYouAwake
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AreYouAwake
A drop of red in the deep blue sea.
AreYouAwake

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010 - 10:27

Hi there, I've seen this thread in a lot of other forums and I think it's a good one.

So, yeah, post your most recent concerts, concerts you have coming up, etc. Maybe even a short review if there isn't a separate thread for that band...

2010 so far...
29th January - Expatriate, Munich
21st March - 30 Seconds to Mars, Munich
24th March - Editors, London

Coming up:
22nd April - Amy MacDonald, Munich
14th May - The Fillers, London (The Killers tribute band)
22nd May - Ash, Munich (TBC)
3rd-6th June - Rock im Park, Nuremberg (Muse, 30STM, Editors, Jay-Z, etc...)
17th June - Bon Jovi, London
19th June - Bon Jovi, London
19th-21st August - Frequency Festival, St. Pölten (Muse, 30STM, White Lies, The Gaslight Anthem, etc...)
11th September - Muse, London

I think it's going to be tough to beat last year's record of 22 concerts and 2 festivals. Hoping for The Strokes and Arcade Fire to announce a proper tour in Europe...
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010 - 13:12

shock shock shock OMG!! How is that possible ?? So many concert in a year... well, well, well, it's time for me to improve significantly my score! grin

Hum...Expatriate in december 16th, 2009, Jamie Cullum, june 10th, 2010 AND...that's all... blush
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010 - 13:14

concerts so far??????

for 2010 or concerts ever?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alisoncof
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010 - 13:21

Hm, well, I get to go to the UK a lot on business so I try and catch a concert whenever I'm in London. And that's kind of what I like doing in my spare time. My other half is driven to despair sometimes but I say that we all spend our money in different ways. I saw The Killers 8 times last year but it was worth every cent.

And the concerts I posted are my 2010 ones. smile
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010 - 7:49

ok, ... cause if i had to post a list of the gigs i have ever been to, it would be endless haha

so for 2010.... i only had 3

• 21.01.10 Chinaski Jugend // cologne
• 26.01.10 Expatriate // cologne
• 23.03.10 Blood Red Shoes // cologne

coming up:

• only area 4 festival and hurricane festival so far.
and •any placebo and expatriate gigs in germany or cool european cities.

i'm still waiting for my fave bands to update their tourlist. but most of them... take a loooooong time, and others are in the studios. ^^
i hate when u cant plan / organize your year properly and get put on the rack mad
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010 - 8:01

Wow, AreYouAwake, that's quite a list! And cool to know that Ash are coming to Munich!

my 2010 concerts so far:
28th January: Expatriate, Munich
16th March: Ocean Colour Scene, Munich

I have tickets for Timid Tiger (28th April) and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (5th May) and looking forward to surprises in the upcoming months. If the White Lies hasn't cancelled their show in February I'd have a concert every month...
I'm a little bit afraid that Expat will announce a tour during September as I'm on holiday then, but we'll see...
Last year is unbeatable as I've managed to see almost all of my favorite bands.

Maybe we could start a thread with your best and worst concert experience ever - what do you think?
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010 - 8:30

why not songbird? if you feel like doing and , then do it tongue
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010 - 18:56

songbird wrote:
Wow, AreYouAwake, that's quite a list! And cool to know that Ash are coming to Munich!

They're playing in 59:1 grin
I was a HUGE Ash fan when they first popped up on the scene. I loved that first album.
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptySat 17 Apr 2010 - 15:33

AreYouAwake wrote:

They're playing in 59:1 grin
I was a HUGE Ash fan when they first popped up on the scene. I loved that first album.

59:1 on a Saturday? Maybe I should go, too.
Oh yes, "1977" is so great, almost every song a classic - those were were the days...
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 28 May 2010 - 14:23

Update:

2010 so far...
29th January - Expatriate, Munich
21st March - 30 Seconds to Mars, Munich
24th March - Editors, London
22nd April - Amy MacDonald, Munich
14th May - The Fillers, London (The Killers tribute band)

Coming up:
30th May - El Bronx / Mariachi el bronx, Munich
3rd-6th June - Rock im Park, Nuremberg (Muse, 30STM, Editors, Kasabian, etc...)
17th June - Bon Jovi, London
19th June - Bon Jovi, London
19th-21st August - Frequency Festival, St. Pölten (Muse, 30STM, White Lies, The Gaslight Anthem, etc...)
31st August - Arcade Fire, Berlin happy
11th September - Muse, London
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptySat 29 May 2010 - 10:07

JAmie Cullum in Paris very soon...June,10th...youhou! that's gonna be great!!! happy
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptySun 30 May 2010 - 11:31

upcoming ...

12.06.10 Richard Ashcroft in Cologne!

one week later .... 19.06.10 Placebo in Annecy = France meeting JULIE!!!!!! / emotional retard.
one week later .... 30.06.10 Skunk Anansie in Luxembourg ♥️♥️

and later that year 20.-22.08.10 Area 4 Festival with Placebo, in germany.

what i'm most looking forward to is: PLACEBO IN ANNECY!!! *faints* cool
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptySun 30 May 2010 - 12:32

molkoqueen wrote:
upcoming ...

12.06.10 Richard Ashcroft in Cologne!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaw, I'm jealous, jealous, jealous! I sooooo adore Richard Ashcroft (though I'm not sure 'bout the new album...) and I can't go to the gig.
And, even worse, I have absolutely no further gigs coming up this year... Maybe MGMT in December...
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptySun 30 May 2010 - 17:24

Quote :
I have absolutely no further gigs coming up this year...

Don't worry Songbird, I think we're a lot in your case! Going in concerts means free time AND... money sad2 And i'm not rich! lmao
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010 - 10:59

I have Bon Jovi coming up twice next week - on Thursday and Saturday at the o2 in London.
I really hope they play a good setlist, they have so much new crap that they could play (and seem to like playing), I hope I actually get to hear a few of my old favourites....
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010 - 14:47

@AreYouAwake: bonjovi twice a week? you are crazy =) arent they expensive?
wish you tons of fun tho! ♥️
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010 - 14:50

Yes. Yes, they are. Ridiculously so. About twice the price of what I normally pay for concerts. And it's seating only.

But I'm going with friends and it's definitely going to be fun. One day was a Christmas present from mum and dad and on the other day we got an "upgrade" so are actually sitting in seats that are worth double what we're paying.

And they always play between 2.5 and 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010 - 14:53

ok then that's totally "justifieing" for you to go =)
rock your seat! ;)
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 25 Jun 2010 - 6:16

@areyouawake: how was bon jovi?? seems like you didnt survive it tongue

next gigs:

jupiter jones in cologne on sunday 27. june
Area 4 Festival in germany 20.-22.08. august
love amongst ruin in cologbe 13.rd october

hope for some slut, expatriate, skunk anansie (can't go to luxemburg as planned) , jupiter jones and placebo gigs this year!!!

Last edited by molkoqueen on Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 14:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 25 Jun 2010 - 14:44

Yeah, AreYouAwake, tell us! rock
And molkoqueen, how was the gig of gorgeous Mr Ashcroft?
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 25 Jun 2010 - 16:49

Hello! Sorry, been a really stressful week. We have a corporate event at Wimbledon next week and the CEO is coming over from the States so everything has to be perfect.

Okay, a quick Bon Jovi review.

17th June:
The setlist was WEIRD. They played totally random songs that I'd never heard live EVER. Not necessarily my favourite rarities but pretty cool to hear them all the same. Unfortunately they also played "Sleep when I'm dead" which I really hate, I've heard it too many times. Nicest surprise was Blood Money which is off JBJ's first solo album and is one of my favourite songs. In fact, last tour, I even had a Blood Money banner for the last concert at Twickenham and Jon saw it and changed the setlist to play it for me. After which he looked directly at me and grinned as if to say "was that okay?" and I just mouthed back "thank you". So that song will always have special memories for me.

And I achieved something that I've never achieved before. Almost 15 years to the day since my first BJ concert I FINALLY got a setlist!! I went to the sounddesk after the show and I really didn't think I'd get one because it was some minutes after the end of the show but they had one left!! I couldn't believe it.

19th June.
We were slightly further forward (block A2). Atmosphere was better than on Thursday (where I thought me and my friend were the only ones near us who were really into it) and the setlist was AMAZING. At one point, Jon said that they've been trying to mix up the setlists a bit and the next song is "something off the album New Jersey" and I started to feel a bit weak at the knees.... and then he said "it's called Wild is the Wind" and I screamed so loudly because that is one of my top five BJ songs and I've NEVER heard it live. So I was so happy. AND they didn't play Sleep when I'm dead. But the biggest surprise of the evening was the first song of the encore. I had to really pinch myself when I heard the intro... My brother was like "What is this?" - I think he just couldn't or wouldn't believe it because it was actually his favourite song!! (Something to believe in) They had it on the setlist at the last Twickenham show last year but didn't play it and the diehards have been requesting it for years but Jon never felt ready, because it's quite hard to sing. It really was amazing to actually hear it live. My brother said afterwards that he would have paid the ticket price for that song alone!

So, over the course of the two concerts, 15 songs were the same at each. On June 17th they played 24 songs, on June 19th 26. And I heard over 10 songs that I'd NEVER heard before. Despite having seen them 15 times. They still are an amazing live band although some of the magic has gone I think but that might have been because I wasn't as close as I normally am. But after a while, Jon's cliched speeches are a bit repetitive.

My pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=183960&id=591500875&l=14dc839023

Last edited by AreYouAwake on Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 18:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptySat 26 Jun 2010 - 17:38

Thanks for your great review, AreYouAwake! Sounds like you'd spent two really cool nights with the band.

I'm still waiting for some more gigs this year...
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptySun 27 Jun 2010 - 14:46

nice review! thank you!
sounds like two awesome nights to remember!
he got ooold, .. aw my ^^

@songbird: mister ashcroft was great!
better than expected. i was insecure i'ld enjoy his concert cause he is more the "cosy" guy lol, ... you know? ... slow songs, very chilled, ... and i get easily bored... =///
but richard surprised me.
it def. rocked!
esp. the new songs from his upcoming album.
can't wait!

took 2 vids: www.youtube.com/alisonmolko

jupiter jones
tonight! if i'm lucky!! (first who come, can enter, and there's only place for 80 ppl)
and skunk anansie in 3 days! ♥
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010 - 10:02

aaaaw, molkoqueen, thanks for the videos! Good to see and hear that Richard is in an excellent condition.
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar EmptyFri 2 Jul 2010 - 9:41

I'm going to see Arcade Fire in London on Wednesday!! It's a one-off gig and I just happen to be in London next Wednesday for an event. Tickets only went on sale this morning and were sold out pretty quickly but I somehow managed to get one in the Gallery. About as far away from the stage as it's possible to be but I think the main thing is I'm going! happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Concert Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Calendar   Concert Calendar Empty

Back to top Go down

Concert Calendar
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Expatriate Forum. :: I WENT TO SCHOOL BUT I DON'T KNOW SHIT :: Other Music.-
Jump to: