Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)

Go down 
+7
expatriatelover
tetepion
songbird
Soulmate
Mila
molkoqueen
AshJ
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tetepion
A drop of red in the deep blue sea.
tetepion

Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 13:09

I love his way of speaking and singing in love
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 13:37

can i post the Steve and I picture in love ? (cause i mean it's a Expatriate gig not a placebo one sooo .. xD)
Back to top Go down
http://whispered-word.blogspot.com
tetepion
tetepion

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 13:50

I saw your picture on your myspace
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 14:12

Yeeeaaaah, pictures!! I just love to see them performing, even it's only on photos.
And don't ask, go and post the Steve-picture. grin I mean, it shows two visitors on an Expat gig - and that's soooo on topic!!
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 14:16

Mmmh, but I'm not sure bout Ben's new hairstyle... Whatever, the pictures are cool, so thanks again for posting them!
Back to top Go down
Ivel
Dangerous Stranger.
Ivel

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 16:39

[Emotional-Retard] wrote:
(i think Steve Forrest and I were the most enthousiastic lmao lol)
//rofl this made me kind of laughing, when I imagined that xD

Thank you so much for the report and the pics. Awww, sounds so great.
Back to top Go down
Soulmate
Blackbird.
Soulmate

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 17:03

[Emotional-Retard] wrote:

(not the subject but i talked to steve and had a photo with him too and he is the kindest person i've ever meet in love )
in love *jealous*
great report! thanks!!
and I second posting your pic with steve! (although I'm gonna die because of jealousy xD)
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 17:17

i'm so glad you are all happy with my report :) cause i'm not good at it, i think gigs are so hard to explain you know, hard to put words on things you feel i'd say ^^
and i must say i love Ben new hairstyle =) lol
so here is THE picture
(sorry soulmate shy can we stay friends in love ?lol)
(don't look at my stupid face xD)

Spoiler:

Last edited by [Emotional-Retard] on Sun 4 Apr 2010 - 9:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soulmate
Blackbird.
Soulmate

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 17:45

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 506232 Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 506232
sure we can stay friends ;)
I think it's the first pic where I can see his new tattoo!!
aaaaww ... *should leave this thread*..
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 17:46

yeah i just LOVE his new tattoo !!!!! //hooray lol
Back to top Go down
tetepion
tetepion

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 17:57

that 'great you are really lucky grin
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 13:18

Lovely picture! happy I was really sad when Steve Hewitt left the band and wondered how they would find someone as good as he was... but i must say Steve is absolutely GREAT!
He managed to integrate himself immediatly in the band and fans already love him! That was a big challenge and he made it brilliantly.
And I love his energy too...
Back to top Go down
tetepion
tetepion

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 14:07

is true
Unfortunately we almost forget the old
Back to top Go down
Norah
Blackbird.
Norah

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 14:43

I don't wanna judge but.... I was a very good fan of Steve Hewitt.
And instead the fact that Steve F is a very talentuous drummer too, I think his physical appearance is the firts reason fans had immediately adopt him. We have to be honest!!!

To start again with the subjetc, thanks for the show report and the pics. Hope seeing them another time and why not going th an Exaptriate gig with someone here. Or organize something maybe...
Back to top Go down
tetepion
tetepion

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 15:23

I'm not disagree but I see what you mean smile2
but compared to his drumming
When I saw her in concert October 27 I was reluctant
to see
but in the end I was rather satisfied
Steve Hewit will always be irreplaceable drummer
It is true that his physical and joy make it endearing
but sometimes I forget that Steve H is gone
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 16:43

tetepion, you're absolutely right ! Endearing is the appropriate word to describe Steve F. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not particularly fond of tattoos and stuff like that so his look repulsed me at the very beginning. Wasn't exactly the kind of man I expected to see. My first reaction was "Oh my God, what is that ? Who's that blond tattooed guy ?" Hopefully, he proved very quickly his talent and I really like his style now !

But I agree he does not have Steve Hewitt charisma. Don't forget he's much younger too so let's give him time to become an old wise man !
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 18:06

Norah : i totally get and understand what you mean but i must say i don't agree. Well it's true i can't deny that i find Steve F attractive and stuff but i loved Steve H very much and was devastated when he left. And when i first saw their new drummer Steve F, i was even more because i thought that he didn't fit with the band, that he was more kinda a californian surfer who should play in a screamo band (i like screamo ! that's not what i'm saying, but Placebo is not really screamo lol)
However when i first saw him play, that totally convinced me, and i understood right away why they had chosen him. He is really a great great drummer, plus he gave some fresh air to the band, and has a fresh eye concerning the notoriety and stuff you know.
Well anyway, this is not the subject i know, but i wanted to say something :)
(i should not encourage you in not following the subject i know x) lol)
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 18:08

expatriatelover : i had exactly the same reaction as yours :) even if i love tattooed guys it was so wrong with the picture of placebo when i first saw him. but experience proved us wonrg :)
(sorry i post my reply without seeing yours)
Back to top Go down
Norah
Blackbird.
Norah

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 18:35

Hey! I'm not saying Steve isn't a good drummer. H'es really good to what he does. I was saying that Placebo had win new fans because of him. It's not an insult or something else.
It's just what I notice.
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 18:43

oh i'm not saying you've said so either; don't worry :)
and it's true he's helped the band gaining new fans we can't deny it, but i just hope physical apparence is not the first criteria, cause for me he is first a really good drummer, handsome or not ^^
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Feb 2010 - 21:50

to come back to the subject :
look what i just found in love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lafeqldFf40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17vDiT8JWo
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja5-_Qqt7KM&feature=related
enjoy flower
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010 - 14:27

"Are you awake" is absolutely great. But it always makes me wonder how one can hold his camera steady while watching such a good band. I couldn't, as I have to jump and dance around the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Meghan
Meghan

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010 - 16:20

Very nice report ^^ but I can't see the pictures nooo
Back to top Go down
tetepion
tetepion

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010 - 16:24

Great, great
I put all the videos on youtube Bookmark
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2010 - 18:25

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!! so many videos! wondering Thank you soo much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)   Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hmv Next Big thing (february 6th)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Expatriate Forum. :: EXPATRIATE :: Sweaty Rock'n'Roll. :: Tour 2010.-
Jump to: