Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

White Lies

Go down 
+2
Meghan
songbird
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

White Lies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lies   White Lies - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Nov 2010 - 22:23

so wish i could come to see them with you girls !!!
enjoy it :)
Back to top Go down
http://whispered-word.blogspot.com
AreYouAwake
A drop of red in the deep blue sea.
AreYouAwake

PostSubject: Re: White Lies   White Lies - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Dec 2010 - 13:52

Transfer will be supporting White Lies at all the continental dates!! So exciting!

I saw the band three times when they were supporting Brandon Flowers and they are fantastic. And really nice guys who take loads of time to talk to fans, take pictures, go for drinks, etc...

http://www.transferband.com/

They're also offering a free download: http://www.transferband.com/transfer/form/losingcomposure/

The video to Losing Composure features footage from when they were supporting Brandon Flowers during his UK tour. I've spotted myself three times getting rather into it....

If you're on Facebook, please join my German street team, officially endorsed by the band. Here's the link, we could do with some more members. https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Transfer-German-Street-Team/172588332774226

I'll take my promoter's hat off now, sorry grin
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

PostSubject: Re: White Lies   White Lies - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010 - 15:49

Aah, good to know. But: on my ticket it says, the supporting act will be The Crocodiles from Seattle? Mmm, but I won't complain about getting 3 bands for the price of 1. cool
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

PostSubject: Re: White Lies   White Lies - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010 - 15:54

songbird wrote:
Aah, good to know. But: on my ticket it says, the supporting act will be The Crocodiles from Seattle? Mmm, but I won't complain about getting 3 bands for the price of 1. cool

Yes, I think we get two support acts grin
I made a mistake though, Transfer are only supporting up to and including the Cologne concert on 21st March.

But they'll definitely be there in Munich.

So I want you all to do me a favour and give them a listen, they are great. flower
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

PostSubject: Re: White Lies   White Lies - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010 - 16:05

AreYouAwake wrote:
So I want you all to do me a favour and give them a listen, they are great. flower

Well, that's a wish I can easily fullfil. grin
Nah, it's always great to get some new music suggestions, especially for my upcoming trip back home, so thanks!
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

PostSubject: Re: White Lies   White Lies - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Apr 2011 - 12:06

Hello! Haven't been here for a while (shocking state of affairs!) but I wanted to update you on my White Lies experiences.

Glasgow, Newcastle & Manchester, 16th, 17th & 18th February:
Three great gigs. Each special in their own way. We were barrier each time, directly in front of Harry in Glasgow and Newcastle and between Harry and Charles in Manchester. We met the lads after the Newcastle and Manchester gigs and chatted to them for a while and took some pictures. I also gave Harry a pack of Lemsip I bought as a "going away" present to keep him healthy in Europe - I didn't want him to get sick and have to cancel shows again. I'm pleased he took it in good spirit and wasn't offended.

Harry, me and the lemsip: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6786817&l=aed8f019d1&id=591500875

We also ended up in the same bar as the band after the Manchester gig.

Vienna & Munich, 8th & 9th March:
Vienna and Munich were fantastic. We were barrier both times in front of Harry. Our Vienna jinx has not quite been resolved however. While WL managed to actually finish the concert, Transfer got stuck in Prague due to a broken down van. But they made it to Munich the next day.

Vienna was a great show, the crowd was really up for it, everybody seemed to know every song, even the new stuff - which surprised me. We met and chatted to the White Lies boys after the show, Harry told me he had the lemsip with him but hadn't needed it so far.

The Munich crowd was a typical Munich crowd. Passive and bored and generally crap. I was on my usual spot on the barrier and I have never had so much space behind me. I reckon you could have fitted two rows between me and the girls behind me. Tommy (the keyboard player) said after the show that he noticed we had lots of space and that the crowd was "hard work". I said that's Munich for you. I had already warned Rob (the other session musician) the day before in Vienna that Munich was likely to be a bit of a let down after the great crowds in Warsaw, Prague and Vienna.

Transfer were fantastic and seemed to get a great reception from the audience - considering the fact that a) they were first up b) it was Munich. I felt very proud that I had got so many of the WL boardies listening to them before hand and both Matt and Andy said that they were really surprised how many people seemed to be able to sing along to their songs - impressed, but surprised.

Cologne, 21st March:
Great gig as usual. Was barrier between Harry and Tommy this time. Crowd were a lot better than Munich (not hard) although I still seemed to have a lot of space behind me. Jack threw his drumstick right at me and although I failed miserably to catch it, the security gave it to me. Jack said that he had been aiming for me which was nice. Also got a big bear hug off Harry and Tommy afterwards. They were all in a really good mood after the gig and more than happy to sign everything and chat and take photos. This concert was filmed for German TV station WDR and will be broadcast on 18th April at 00.15... Kind of dreading that especially if they show Transfer as I had a camera filming my chest for most of Transfer's slot (I had a T-shirt with the Transfer logo on it, it wasn't because the cameraman liked my chest... well, I hope not)

Roll on Linz on 4th June.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Lies   White Lies - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

White Lies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Expatriate Forum. :: I WENT TO SCHOOL BUT I DON'T KNOW SHIT :: Other Music.-
Jump to: