Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AshJ
Mod

PostSubject: Avatar   Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 21:38

i think there's really a lot to say about this movie, and as i saw some of you saw it, let's talk about it :)
i just LOVED it so much ! i mean the story is great and on a technic point of view this movie is stunning !
i saw it 3 times, and i must say that i began to understand some crictics about it, that the world described in the movie is too much of a manichean vision you know, and it's true but i think you can see a movie without taking it back to your real world.
Plus there are a lot of good feelings in it, such as antimilitarism, and respect towards different cultures.

>DeviantArt
>Follow me
Back to top Go down
http://whispered-word.blogspot.com
ameriel
Dangerous Stranger.

PostSubject: Re: Avatar   Sat 15 May 2010 - 20:22

I liked Avatar as well, but I understand criticism towards it. I mean, the visual effects were absolutely stunning, I've seen it twice in 3D and each time I was amazed. But without this part, the storyline was a bit too simple for me. It was very easy to predict what was going to happen. For me it's a very well-made 'show' ^^
I understand all the positive emotions it brought to many, but I also see the point of the negative opinions. The storyline was a bit too-Disney for adults to be astonished by it grin
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1