Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Last film you saw

Go down 
+9
Leeloo
tetepion
expatriatelover
capricorn
molkoqueen
songbird
Meghan
Neon
AshJ
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyThu 11 Feb 2010 - 20:52

everything is in the tittle ;)
what was the last you movie you saw ?
did you like it or not ? why ? would you tell us to see him or not ?
to cut a long story short : let's talk about movies ! /mwah
Back to top Go down
http://whispered-word.blogspot.com
Neon
Blackbird.

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyThu 11 Feb 2010 - 21:43

Soldier's Girl
and yes i absolutely adored it! it's based on a real story of a soldier who fell in love with a transgender and was killed by his fellow soldiers cause of this relationship. it is a low budget film but brilliantly played (e.g. by lee pace aka the pie maker in pushing dasies). it is very touching and almost made me cry! you should really go and see it!
Back to top Go down
Meghan
A drop of red in the deep blue sea.
Meghan

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 10:19

The last movie I saw is "invictus" but there was a power failure in the cinema so I just saw 10 minutes of it.
However it seems to be an interesting movie about Nelson Mandela's story //sure
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 14:37

It's a little bit embarrassing to admit, but on Wednesday I saw "Valentine's Day". Well, it's a movie that doesn't hurt and you get to see very cute guys (like Grey's Anatomy's "McDreamy" and "McSteamy" //hihi ), but it's not a movie I would recommend.
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 15:24

last movie i saw was AVATAR in 3 d. and i totally loved it! was the second time i saw it. and you all should too! best movie 2009 in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alisoncof
capricorn
Dangerous Stranger.

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 18:38

Avatar in 3D was also the last film I saw last week for the first time and I'll go and see it again this weekend. Still searching for a movie theatre around here that shows the original version in English.
The story may be a bit Pocahontas-style but it was really touching and the pictures and colors were absolutely stunning. in love Avatar 2 should be a 3 hour nightly walk through the forests of Pandora. I really hope they will do a second part.
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 16:16

Well... maybe you'll find me boring and very serious (I'm already an old lady so forgive me grin ) but the last film I saw was Oceans of Jacques Perrin... This is a breathtaking film about life in our oceans throughout the world. Although I'm not particularly a fan of the sea, there are really extraordinary moments of beauty... That underworld is so peaceful, quiet and calm, so deep and so big... There are lots of fabulous scenes with whales, sharks, dolphins... it's just incredible to see how many common points we can share with them, in our way of moving, of behaving, in our way to protect our young... In a way, we're not that different...

Contrary to what we could think, this is not a pro-ecology film. It just has the will to show us the uncredible beauty of our world.

I know some of you will probably find me a namby-pampy sentimentalist but I assume it because I deeply think real beauty lies in simplicity... (oouuh, I'm becoming a poet... roll eyes )
Back to top Go down
tetepion
tetepion

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 23:13

Not at all
When I saw the excerpt of this film I find it interesting
I love this kind of movie
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptySun 14 Feb 2010 - 14:36

expatriatelover, this is not boring - the film is absolutely stunning and beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Leeloo
Dangerous Stranger.
Leeloo

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010 - 11:04

I saw "Up in the air" on monday, a film with the handsome George Clooney. Okay, I went to see this film because of him... but it was a really good film!
It's the story of Ryan Bingham whose job is to travel in the USA to fire people... He only lives with his suitcases and spends his life in planes. He doesn't want to be bored by a family, a wife, children...
Ryan's life may change when the company hires Natalie Keener, a young overachieving woman who recommends that the company change the nature of the work by conducting the "firings" via remote computer access. Ryan believes that Natalie does not fully understand the nature of the business, and as such, their boss, Craig Gregory, suggests that she accompany Ryan on a business trip. Ryan is also trying to protect his way of life, which now includes meeting up with a woman named Alex Goran whenever their flight schedules mesh. Like Ryan, Alex, who he met in an airport hotel bar, is constantly traveling for work. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1193138/plotsummary)

A good movie with good actors, I spent a very good time :)
Back to top Go down
Meghan
Meghan

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010 - 11:06

It seems to be a great movie = )
Back to top Go down
Leeloo
Dangerous Stranger.
Leeloo

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptySat 20 Feb 2010 - 10:19

Yesterday I saw "I love you Phillip Morris" with Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor... Wooow! hearts
I just loved it! Beautiful and so funny at the same time!
Back to top Go down
damian-ben-the-best
Blackbird.
damian-ben-the-best

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptySat 20 Feb 2010 - 12:07

on cinema : gainsbourg vie heroique

on TV : les banlieusards starring tom hanks
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyTue 6 Apr 2010 - 16:46

I finally got round to watching The Prestige. I bought it on DVD ages ago because my brother raved about it but somehow never watched it. Interesting film, I was a bit confused at the end though as they suddenly introduced some unbelievable sci-fi storyline which I hadn't seen coming.
Back to top Go down
Lonelynx
Blackbird.
Lonelynx

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyThu 22 Apr 2010 - 7:27

The Crazies. 8 / 10

I really like Timothy Olyphant and Rada Mitchell.
The plot is not really new.You get what you expect.
But what amazed me was the great screenplay, where characters did almost everything very logically.
There were no stupid suggestions from them like to split up or something similar.
So I enjoyed this movie a lot.There were really cool and even scary moments.
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyThu 22 Apr 2010 - 9:24

I saw A Single Man last week. Now, I haven't seen Crazy Heart (which Jeff Bridges won the Oscar for) but I can't possibly imagine how he managed to give a better performance than Colin Firth. The whole film was dependent on the strength of Firth's acting and he did not disappoint. Incredible performance, great film.
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptySun 2 May 2010 - 12:30

i went to see "alice in wonderland" last night. in 3 d.

after hearing so much good things about the movie, i had to see it!

i wish i hadent. sad2

i fell asleep like 4 times. i found it awesomly boring haha
and the story ws pretty stupid. nothing new. ... and nothing compared to what "alice in wonderland" really is, and how it made me feel as a kid.

the pictures, and the "wonderland" were awful!
and the ending totally ridiculous.

the 3 d effects were also quite poor.

anyone else saw it?
what do u think?

sad3
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptySun 2 May 2010 - 14:05

Oh crap, I'm going to see Alice tonight...
I'll let you know what I think...
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptySun 2 May 2010 - 14:26

Yeah, me - and I totally agree with you, molkoqueen! I haven't seen the 3D-version - looks like I've saved a lot of money... Like you said, the story is slightly stupid and hasn't much to do with the book. And the actors were so overacting, I think, and not in a good but in a very silly way. I'm really disappointed by Tim Burton's movies these days (I was soooo annoyed by "Sweeney Todd").
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptySun 2 May 2010 - 19:59

as a Burton fan i can't let you say that x)
well first i totally LOVED Sweeney Todd but this is another subject ^^
I agree that there was absolutely no need for the 3D for Alice in Wonderlands, but i must say that i hate 3D, and this wathever the movie. Anyway. I found the graphism, the pictures, the visual world of Burton was really there in this movie, as always the pale skins of the "true" people, and the colourfulness of the unreal characters. I loved the "wonderlands" a lot, as much as i have loved it in the disney movie when i was little.
It's true that the story is not the one of the book, but this is exactly the same thing for the disney one when we were kid, they both are a mixture of "Alice in Wonderland" and 'Through the looking glass" both by Lewis Carrol, so this is not really a new point concerning the story. Maybe Tim Burton could have done a new thing with the story, i agree on that point cause there's nothing new. But i think he succeeded to "import" his own universe, his own "mark" on the movie, on the already existing story and that was great for me.
plus concerning the way the actors act i just loved it. It's clearly over acting, but it reminds me so much of the old movie during the time of German Expresionism (around the 1920s and 1930s) in Cineman, which is clearly one of Burton's main inspiration and favourite kinds of movies.
Well i just wanted to defend Burton a bit =P

Apart from that. I went to a Cinema festival last week which was totally AMAZING. I saw a lot of movies so i can't talk about everything here it might be too long. But if you like old horror "B pictures" you might really enjoy one of 1950 directed by Roger Corman entitled "The House of Usher" (you will find there a lot of similarities with Tim Burton's "Sleepy Hollow"). And talking about German Expresionism, one of the best film to see what is this movement is Robert Wiene's "Doctor Caligari" (1919).
Back to top Go down
http://whispered-word.blogspot.com
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyFri 7 May 2010 - 11:34

"I love you Philip Morris".
SUCH A CUTE MOVIE! with Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor.
It's sweet. crazy. funny. i even cried at the end XD ..... ^^

and after i read it's a true story, it made that movie even better.

i'm not sure what to think about jim carrey tho.
i don't think this role fits him 100 %. but i thought the same with "number 23".

i guess he is trying to play more serious roles, to get rid of his image a bit.
but i find it hard to see him as a serious man.

and i have no idea what genre "i love you philip morris" is supposted to be. maybe it wasen't even meant to be serious?

anyways, .. i loved it and for me it's a mixture of many genres, with a beautiful crazy story smile
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyFri 7 May 2010 - 22:41

AreYouAwake wrote:

I saw it. I thought it was quite entertaining. I think the end was ridiculous (Burton sells out to Disney) and I think they could have been a bit more daring. It wasn't as dark as some of Burton's work and did have some cheesy moments. And I know it was intentional but Anne Hathaway was so irritating! Oh and that scene with the needle and the eyeball... I have a real eye phobia so I really had a problem with that scene. Even thinking about it now sends shivers up my spine. I quite enjoyed the 3D stuff although I didn't think the film needed to be in 3D, I'm sure there are other films better suited to it. Helena Bonham Carter was great as usual. And it was a very "pretty" movie, so bright and colourful!

I want to see I love you Phillip Morris too. It's just Jim Carrey putting me off, though I love Ewan Mcgregor. That said, I saw Jim Carrey in the Truman Show and I loved that movie. Seriously, the guy should do more serious films, not this slapstick comedy rubbish.

Might be going to see Precious with a friend next week.

And I still want to see Shutter Island. I'm a big Dennis Lehane fan and I thought Mystic River was an amazing adaptation of a brilliant book so I'm intrigued to see what they've done with Shutter Island.
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptySun 9 May 2010 - 13:12

AreYouAwake wrote:
AreYouAwake wrote:

And I still want to see Shutter Island. ....

you definitly should watch shutter island.
i saw it few weeks ago, .. althou i didn't really want to, cause i wasen't sure what to think about di caprio playing in it .... "sooo NOT fitting " i thought... but i've been taught better.

di caprio is very authentic to his role.
and the story is amazing! espacially the end.
love when movies leave you confused. smile

it could have been a bit more scary.. i was bit dissapointed about it beeing quite "normal" .. there wasen't a single scene where i had to cringe --> right word? =/
the trailer was much more scary anyways! wink

last film i saw, last night, was: identity. yeah it's older. but i've never seen it before. and liked it a lot. i was thinking along all the movie "what's goin on here???" and "huh? who is it?" .... it makes you change view and opinion every few minutes, and the end is great!
Back to top Go down
AreYouAwake
AreYouAwake

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyMon 10 May 2010 - 7:41

I've read the book so I know what the ending is (unless they changed it which I doubt they have)
My other half was wondering if he should read the book first but I said he shouldn't because even although the book may be better and explain things more, surely he would lose some of the suspense? That's one of my main doubts about going to see it, I know the ending. However, I do still want to see it because I want to see if they've done a good job and how di Caprio is in the role.

On another note. Did any of you see Gone baby gone? It's also based on a book by Dennis Lehane and it got really good reviews and even a couple of Oscar nominations a couple of years ago. It was a bit controversial in the UK at least (in fact I think the release got delayed by a few months) because it came out around the time when the Madelaine McCann story was all over the media and in the film/book a little blonde girl gets kidnapped from her house. Anyway. It's one of a series of books by Lehane and it's actually the fourth book (of five) so I thought it was a bit strange to do it as a one-off. The stories in the novels are all independent but the background story of the main characters continues and that is what the novels live off, I think. Also, the two main characters were not how I imagined them. I know this happens a lot when books are filmed but for some unknown reason it bothered me with this film more than with others. The film in itself was pretty good though I suppose.
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw EmptyMon 9 Aug 2010 - 23:50

going to see INCEPTION tomorrow, can't freaking wait! happy
i heard so many good things about that movie, it's incredible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Last film you saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last film you saw   Last film you saw Empty

Back to top Go down

Last film you saw
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Expatriate Forum. :: I WENT TO SCHOOL BUT I DON'T KNOW SHIT :: Illumination of the heart. :: Movies.-
Jump to: