Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Welcome to Expatriate's Fan Forum. Join to view more threads & extras and be part of our little family!

"take this love... take it to the streets... burn down everything... til you see it all complete..."
Expatriate Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what is your favourite motto and why ?

Go down 
+3
Meghan
songbird
expatriatelover
7 posters
AuthorMessage
expatriatelover
A drop of red in the deep blue sea.
expatriatelover

what is your favourite motto and why ? Empty
PostSubject: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010 - 12:47

My motto of the moment: Why do today what you can do tomorrow... grin Love that motto althought that's not me at all! I would like to be a bit more lazy but... I'm a (too?) well brought-up girl... disappointed
Back to top Go down
songbird
Mod
songbird

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010 - 14:50

Me neither - I always have to do things straight away and I'm the first to work overtime just to have things done the same day and start with new things the next day...
One of my favorite quotes/mottos is (hopefully the translation's right): "What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself." (St. Augustine) I totally agree with this statement, as I think anybody has to has something which is filled with passion.
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010 - 18:10

hey, I like that motto songbird! That's pretty true!

Another motto I really recognize myself in: Never do the others what you would'nt like to be done (hope the translation is right). This is about respect and this is applicable in every single moment of life. This is actually my line of conduct and I try to apply it in everyday life but that's not an easy task nowadays as you might guess sad Respect is becoming a rare commodity!
Back to top Go down
Meghan
Meghan

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010 - 18:13

Like your motto smile
Silent is golden make me smile but I don't really know why... lmao
Back to top Go down
expatriatelover
expatriatelover

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010 - 18:36

another one I love: if what you have to say isn't more beautiful than silence, then keep silent If people would respect that, then I think our life would be much more peaceful and relaxing!!!
My God, why do we always need to talk ?? call
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010 - 20:20

lol i'm always talking xD sorry hope that if we meet oneday (and i hope we will !!) you'll forgive me !
there is several mottos i love but my favourite one, and the first i can think of is :
everything isn't black and white, there is several shapes of grey
Back to top Go down
http://whispered-word.blogspot.com
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010 - 20:23

i love: what goes up, must come down.

just fits to every situation!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alisoncof
Neon
Blackbird.

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptyWed 3 Mar 2010 - 20:29

LIVE LOVE BE BELIEVE

cause it is just how u should lead ur life ;)
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptyWed 3 Mar 2010 - 20:32

oooh yeah great motto =D
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Blackbird.
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptySun 7 Mar 2010 - 8:59

Fuck your heros and be yourself! (sorry for the f-word... blush )

and

What comes around goes around!

Why? Because they say the truth! It´s that simple...
Back to top Go down
Neon
Blackbird.

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptySun 7 Mar 2010 - 11:09

Phoenix wrote:
Fuck your heros and be yourself!

hehe. literally? tongue
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptySun 7 Mar 2010 - 11:18

hahaha great comment neon.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Blackbird.
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptySun 7 Mar 2010 - 14:31

No, not literally what is your favourite motto and why ? D040
Back to top Go down
molkoqueen
Admin
molkoqueen

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptySun 7 Mar 2010 - 14:45

but neons view is also great. and can be a great motto aswell wink
Back to top Go down
Neon
Blackbird.

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptySun 7 Mar 2010 - 15:59

^ laughing best motto EVER!!! laughing
Back to top Go down
AshJ
Mod
AshJ

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? EmptySun 7 Mar 2010 - 18:46

haha ! i take both
depends on the hero
(ok i"m out dancing )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite motto and why ?   what is your favourite motto and why ? Empty

Back to top Go down

what is your favourite motto and why ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Expatriate Forum. :: I WENT TO SCHOOL BUT I DON'T KNOW SHIT :: Daily Chitchat. :: Nonsense.-
Jump to: